International Journal of Advanced Educational Research

International Journal of Advanced Educational Research


ISSN: 2455-6157

Vol. 4, Issue 6 (2019)

Relationship between leg muscle explosion power and arm muscle strength on open spike ability in semester VI students of the department of coaching education

Author(s): Supriadi IM, Betrix Podung, F Dj Sumarauw
Abstract: This study aims to analyze how much the relationship: (1) leg muscle explosive power, (2) arm muscle strength, (3) between leg muscle explosive power and arm muscle strength together with open spike ability in the sixth semester students of the Department of Coaching Education, Faculty of Sports Science, Manado State University. The method in this research is descriptive method. The results of the multiple correlation coefficient test were obtained = 0.958 with the coefficient of determination Rsquare = 0.918. Based on the calculation of the coefficient of determination that the contribution of leg muscle explosive power and arm muscle strength together with the open spike ability of semester VI students of the Department of Coaching Education, Faculty of Sports Science, Manado State University is equal to Kd = r2 x 100% = (0.958) 2 x 100% = 91.8%. Furthermore, the remaining 8.2% is determined by other variables or external factors that are not the target of the study and is not explained one by one in this study. It turns out that the explosive power variables of leg muscles and arm muscle strength together have contributed 91.8% to the ability to open spike VI semester students of the Department of Coaching Education, Faculty of Sports Science, Manado State University. So the relationship between leg muscle explosive power and arm muscle strength to the ability of open spike together in semester VI students of the Department of Coaching Education, Faculty of Sports Science, Manado State University.
Pages: 39-43  |  103 Views  27 Downloads
Join Editorial Bord
Statistics
  • Total Articles981
  • Total Views1078739
  • Total Downloads680202
publish book online
library subscription
Journals List Click Here Research Journals Research Journals
Please use another browser.